• Download the manual
• Download the technical specifications
Firmware Update - Version 1.6
• Wireless Audio/Video Receiver Firmware Update
This firmware update provides enhanced compatibility with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 devices. In addition, this update provides auto-pairing functionality. This means that the use of the pairing button is no longer required when connecting a new device to the Wireless Audio/Video Receiver.
Updating the Firmware of the Wireless Audio/Video ReceiverNote:
We recommend that a laptop or desktop computer is used when performing the firmware update. The computer must support Wi-Fi communication, but support for Miracast™ technology by the computer is not required.
1. Download Version 1.6 Firmware zip file, extract the zip file and save it in an accessible folder on a laptop or desktop computer.
2. Ensure that the Wireless Audio/Video Receiver is receiving power and is connected to the display with an HDMI cable, then press and hold the Pair/Reset button for 5-7 seconds and release. The light on the Wireless Audio/Video Receiver will begin flashing red.
3. Locate the Wireless Audio/Video Receiver as a wireless network connection through the computer. This is the same process as finding a Wi-Fi access point for Internet access.
4. Connect to SSID of the Wireless Audio/Video Receiver and open a Web Browser.
5. Enter the following into the address bar of the browser: http://192.168.8.1/ and a Configuration Page will open.
6. In the section titled Upgrade Image File (sbin format) click on the Browse button, locate and select the file which was downloaded in step 1, and then click on the Upload File button. Ensure that the .sbin file has been extracted from the zip file that was downloaded in step 1 before completing this step.
7. The firmware will begin uploading to the receiver. After a short period of time, approximately one minute, a message will be displayed indicating that the update is complete and then the Wireless Audio/Video Receiver will reset automatically.
8. Once the adapter is fully booted, you will see a Ready for connnection message on the display.
9. Hold the Mode/Reset button for 5-9 seconds and release.
10. Connect to SSID of the Wireless Audio/Video Receiver again and open a Web Browser to the http://192.168.8.1
11. Under the Protocol section, click the wireless icon.
12. Select WiDi and P2P mode and click Update & Reboot.
13. The Miracast unit will begin to update the change and automatically reboot.
PLEASE NOTE: It is very important that the power is not interrupted during this process and until the update has fully completed. If the power is interrupted during the firmware update, the Wireless Audio/Video Receiver may become unusable.Please Note:
An active video signal is required for the Wireless Audio/Video Receiver to maintain a connection. For example, video is being shown through the Wireless Audio/Video Receiver and it is connected to the HDMI 1 input of a HDTV. If the input of the HDTV is switched to HDMI 2 to display a different device, then switched back to HDMI 1 to display video through the Wireless Audio/Video Receiver, a new wireless connection must be established. This product is not designed to act as a true cable replacement. Some pixilation and/or periodic signal dropouts may occur and are not uncommon with wireless technology.For large deployments:
Actual performance may extend further than 30 feet and may penetrate through walls. It is suggested that this product be tested prior to installation, especially in large scale deployments in a single location such as a school or office environment.