VGA (Video Graphics Array) is the minimum standard resolution for PCs today, and is supported by most computers. VGA cables are typically used to connect a computer to the monitor or to connect a computer to a projector.
|Connection Type||Display Mode||Intended Resolution (Pixels)|
Choose the optimum resolution for your system to ensure the best fit. Determine the intended resolution for the monitor you have, and then choose a cable that best matches that resolution. Don't just consider price; you should also base your decision upon product use and the environment it is located.
- Are you connecting a monitor for your desk, a projector for presentations, etc.? For desk monitors, SXGA or SVGA cables should be sufficient.
- Is it a critical connection that can be prone to EMI and RFI interference that can affect picture quality? Then choose our Pro Series UXGA monitor cables that use ferrites for superior protection against EMI and RFI.
- Is installation an issue such that a break-away capability will save installation time? Then choose our SXGA Break-Apart cables that are designed for easy installation.
- If you need CMP-rated plenum cable to pass fire safety regulations, use our SXGA Plenum Cables or SVGA Bulk Plenum cable for installation within walls and air plenums without the conduit.
If you need further help to find the right VGA cable, live chat with our tech support!
- VGA (Video Graphics Array) is the minimum standard resolution for PCs today, and is supported by all IBM-compatible computers. Maximum resolution varies between 16 colors (640 x 480) up to 256 colors (320 x 200). This will work but will hardly give you the high-quality picture that computer users expect these days.
- SVGA (Super Video Graphics Array) can usually display up to 16 Million colors. The resolution varies with the diagonal dimension of the screen; the larger this dimension, the more pixels can be displayed horizontally and vertically.
- SXGA (Super Extended Graphics Array) is superior and delivers a resolution up to 1280 x 1024.
- UXGA is the sharpest VGA-type resolution and delivers up to 1600 x 1200.
Here at C2G, we offer FREE technical support for all of our products, period. We have 3 ways to help you:
1. DIY Tools
2. Live Chat
Need help? Our Live Chat feature allows you to ask questions and receive answers in real time while you are at your computer! It is a quick and convenient way to chat with one of our technical experts without having to stop what you are working on to place a phone call. To help us more effectively help you, please be ready with product number, make and model of any equipment you are connecting, operating system (if applicable), etc. The more info you can provide, the faster we can help!
3. Email Us
Please send us an email! We have several departments ready to solve your problem. Please click on the link below that best describes your situation to get started: