VGA or HD15 is the analog connection used to connect computers and laptops to projectors or additional monitors. In light of Analog Sunset, VGA is considered a legacy connector, and will be replaced with a digital HDMI or DisplayPort connector in the near future.
RF type connector cables for use with component and RGBHV inputs.
VGA HD15 cables are designed for source to display connectivity in commercial, in-home and desktop applications. These cables support video resolutions of up to QXGA (2048x1536) and Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) signals.
C2G offers VGA adapters for connecting M1, DVI, DisplayPort, MAC, BNC or USB devices to a VGA display. We also carry port savers to preserve the integrity of a VGA port that is plugged into often and gender changers for changing from male to female or vice versa.
VGA HD15 cables carry an analog signal from a VGA enabled device such as a projector or computer to a monitor. In light of Analog Sunset, VGA is considered a legacy connector, and will be replaced with a digital HDMI or DisplayPort connector in the near future.
Convert from an analog or digital video signal to a VGA signal or from a VGA signal to a digital or analog video signal
C2G offers VGA HD15 products for extending and boosting signals past the normal VGA length limitations. We also carry converters, switches and splitters for sending multiple VGA signals to multiple locations.
C2G has VGA HD15 cables for extending a VGA signal up to 150 feet from a projector, computer or laptop to a display. Rated for UXGA, SXGA, or SVGA, our VGA extension cables come in standard, angled or panel mount connectors for easy installation.
C2G carries KVM switches that allow for the use of a single keyboard, mouse and monitor across multiple PC's. Our VGA KVM switches are available in two or four ports, with or without audio, and with PS/2 or USB connectors.
C2G offers single gang, dual gang, Decora Style, Snap-In, Keystone and Panel Mount Wall Plates in white, ivory, black and brushed aluminum. Wall plates come in multiple signal types and offer a stylish finish for audio/video, PC and networking applications.
|Connection Type ||Display Mode ||Intended Resolution (Pixels) |
|VGA ||VGA ||640x480 |
|VGA ||SVGA ||800x600 |
|VGA ||XGA ||1024x768 |
|VGA ||SXGA ||1280x1024 |
|VGA ||UXGA ||1600x1200 |
Choose the optimum resolution for your system to ensure the best fit. Determine the intended resolution for the monitor you have, and then choose a cable that best matches that resolution. Don't just consider price; you should also base your decision upon product use and the environment it is located.
- Are you connecting a monitor for your desk, a projector for presentations, etc.? For desk monitors, SXGA or SVGA cables should be sufficient.
- Is it a critical connection that can be prone to EMI and RFI interference that can affect picture quality? Then choose our Pro Series UXGA monitor cables that use ferrites for superior protection against EMI and RFI.
- Is installation an issue such that a break-away capability will save installation time? Then choose our SXGA Break-Apart cables that are designed for easy installation.
- If you need CMP-rated plenum cable to pass fire safety regulations, use our SXGA Plenum Cables or SVGA Bulk Plenum cable for installation within walls and air plenums without the conduit.
If you need further help to find the right VGA cable, live chat with our tech support!
- VGA (Video Graphics Array) is the minimum standard resolution for PCs today, and is supported by all IBM-compatible computers. Maximum resolution varies between 16 colors (640 x 480) up to 256 colors (320 x 200). This will work but will hardly give you the high-quality picture that computer users expect these days.
- SVGA (Super Video Graphics Array) can usually display up to 16 Million colors. The resolution varies with the diagonal dimension of the screen; the larger this dimension, the more pixels can be displayed horizontally and vertically.
- SXGA (Super Extended Graphics Array) is superior and delivers a resolution up to 1280 x 1024.
- UXGA is the sharpest VGA-type resolution and delivers up to 1600 x 1200.
C2G offers FREE technical support tools for all of our products, period. We have 4 ways to help you:
Need help? Try Live Chat!
Our Live Chat feature allows you to ask questions and receive answers in real time while you are at your computer! It is a quick and convenient way to chat with one of our technical experts without having to stop what you are working on to place a phone call. To help us more effectively help you, please be ready with product number, make and model of any equipment you are connecting, operating system (if applicable), etc. The more info you can provide, the faster we can help!
Other Ways to Get In Touch
You can also contact us directly Monday through Friday 8:30am—6:30pm ET
Text "C2G" plus your Q.question to 57682 — details