• Extends USB 2.0 signals up to 328 feet
• Uses a single standard network patch cable
• Supplies 500 milliamps of power at the receiver
• Powered with a single power supply at the transmitter or receiver
• Kit includes both the transmitter and receiver units
(1) USB-B Female, (1) RJ-45 Female
(1) RJ-45 Female, (1) USB-A Female
The Trulink USB 2.0 Superbooster was designed for systems integrators, installers and other end users seeking an innovatively simple yet powerful solution for extending USB signals beyond their native 16.4ft length limitation. Specifically for use in commercial environments, the Trulink USB 2.0 Superbooster is the only USB 2.0 solution on the market that is available in both a dongle and wall plate version. The wall plate and dongle can be interchanged to fit the needs of any installation requiring high performance and maximum flexibility.
Using true USB 2.0 speed and power, this solution provides increased bandwidth and faster data transfer speeds over standard Cat5/6 cabling at lengths up to 328ft. Integrated UTP power inserter technology provides 500 milliamps of power when the power adapter is connected through the transmitter end or receiver end, depending on the desired configuration. This provides enough power to operate most new USB devices and allows for flexibility in equipment placement.
The small form factor of both the dongle and wall plate versions allows for easy installation in tight spaces. The dongle end is uniquely designed to allow it to be securely tethered to other equipment. Installation is quick and easy with no software or driver installation required.
This solution utilizes TruChoice™ power providing the flexibility to power at either the transmitter or receiver end.
Note: If the USB signal is being extended to support a 300 series or 500 series Promethean interactive whiteboard, then we recommend using our product 29338. For more information about this recommendation, read our application bulletin.
•Download the manual from the Support tab
•Download a PDF with the technical specifications of this product on the Support tab or view the technical specifications of this product on the Specs tab
|Warranty :||1 Year|
|Weight :||2.024 LB|
•Download a PDF with the technical specifications of this product on the Support tab
• Full USB 2.0 speed and power
• Integrated UTP power inserter technology
• Interchangeable design with swappable components – wall plates and dongles
• Extends USB from 16.4ft up to 328ft over Cat5/6 (UTP/STP, solid/stranded)
Call to order replacement power supply #98116
Diagram above shows use of the Superbooster in a classroom
Diagram above shows use of the Superbooster in a healthcare application
Diagram above shows use of the Superbooster in a security application
• Use in a classroom to extend and power interactive whiteboards
• Place a printer in a more convenient location, while the computer is in a secure location
• Add USB cameras or fingerprint readers to remote facilities for added security and monitoring
• Use in healthcare facilities for USB-based digital x-ray applications
• Upgrade existing superbooster infrastructure from USB 1.1 to USB 2.0 for greater performance
• (1) Dongle Transmitter
• (1) Dongle Receiver
• (1) Power Supply
• (1) Quick Start Guide
• (1) Phoenix Power Connection
• (1) 1ft USB A/B Cable
• (2) 14 inch Cable Ties
If you need an immediate answer, please live chat with one of our connectivity experts!
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:Will this work as a Passive USB or is it considered Active? I need a Passive USB over Cat5 so the system will not recogine it as a hub.
A:This is considered a ACTIVE USB EXTENDER
Q:Can you use more than one set on a PC.
A:Yes you can use more than one on a PC but do not daisey chain this item.
Q:Can this power a cd Burner?
A:If the device is a USB powered device yes.
Q:Is this device backward compatible with USB 1.1 devices?
A:Yes a USB 1.1 Device will work on the TruLink USB 2.0 Superbooster Dongle Kit.
Q:Can this be used to extend a USB2.0 wireless mouse and keyboard to a PC?
A:Yes, it would with a wireless mouse and keyboard.
Q:Does this unit support isochronous transfer?
A:Yes. This would support isochronous transfer.
Q:Could I go CAT5/6 from the dongle into a fiber media converter to run this USB extender across existing SM fiber interconnects?
A:No. You could not. It must only be Cat5e cables from transmitter to receiver.
Q:Can you power only one side of TruLink USB 2.0 Superbooster kit and achieve 328 ft or is it necessary to power both sides?
A:Only one side needs to be powered. You can either power at the transmitter or receiver.