C2G's Terms and Conditions
C2G, formerly Cables To Go, carries a full inventory of cabling and networking products available through this website, which enables us to ship most orders within 24 hours. Your order from C2G will ship by UPS. Packages can be tracked using your UPS tracking number by visiting the UPS web site at www.ups.com. All orders are shipped standard ground unless next-day or second-day service is specified on the order shipping page. Both next- and second-day shipping methods are at higher rates than standard ground shipping. Orders are shipped during business hours Monday - Friday.
C2G accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. We do not add any credit card surcharges. Open account terms are available to qualifying customers only - please contact your Account Manager or Customer Service at 1.800.506.9607 for additional information.
A reseller must submit current resale certificates for the states where they do business to C2G to be exempt from the appropriate state sales taxes. A tax-exempt business (not a reseller) must submit a current tax-exemption form to C2G to be exempt from the home state sales tax. Otherwise, resellers and tax-exempt businesses will be charged state sales tax on all orders.
Sales tax is assessed to all end-user orders that are shipped to Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
C2G provides a lifetime guarantee against defects and workmanship on all custom and distributed cables. Please note that CUSTOM CABLE ASSEMBLIES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-CANCELLABLE. Warranties do not apply to damage from misuse or any consequential damages. Other important policies include:
- Opened electronic non-defective product is not available for return, exchange, or credit.
- Many of our products carry Manufacturer's Warranty Only.
- All other products, including network electronics, power protection and peripheral sharing products are covered by their manufacturer's warranty which is subject to change without notice.
It is your responsibility to confirm that you received all of the items as indicated on your packing slip. Failure to report shipping discrepancies within five days prevents us from accurately problem-solving the issue, and variances reported after five days will not be credited regardless of circumstances.
Seller hereby expressly disclaims all warranties either expressed or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This disclaimer by the seller in no way affects the terms of the manufacturer's warranty, if any. Title to goods herein being purchased is retained by the seller until goods are paid for by the purchaser and at that time title passes to the purchaser. If goods herein being purchased are being purchased for purposes of export, purchaser must obtain from the federal government certain export documentation before shipping to a foreign country. In addition, manufacturers' warranties for exported goods may vary or even be null and void. If you have questions, please inquire. Any and all liability is only for the products purchased.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL C2G, ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARTNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, REPRESENTATIVES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, "C2G") BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA, USE OR PROFITS), HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT C2G HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT C2G'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING FROM ANY PRODUCT SOLD BY C2G SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PRICE OF SUCH PRODUCT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT SUCH JURISDICTION'S LAW IS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, C2G offers a 30 day right of return on most items subject to the terms and conditions identified below.
- To return an item, contact Customer Service at 1.800.506.9607 to obtain a Return Authorization (RMA) number. RMA numbers are valid for 30 days after the original invoice date of the order and cannot be extended or re-issued. We are unable to accept returns without an RMA number.
- All returns except those of defective product are subject to a 15% restocking fee, and additional charges for handling or freight are refunded only in cases of defective products.
- Return freight must be shipped prepaid, and we recommend that you insure the package, as you are responsible for risk of loss on all returned packages. We also recommend that you make sure you pack the carton properly for return, as C2G will not issue credit for product damaged en route back to us due to poor shipping practices. We do not issue call tags for product returns.
- Returned product must be clean, undamaged, and complete with all manuals, accessories, documents and packaging. The items must be in a resalable condition free of any non-removable labels or writing on the product or product packaging, and the UPC code must be intact for you to receive credit. The product must also have with it upon return to us a copy of the original invoice or packing slip, and the appropriate RMA paperwork must be completed and in our possession (preferably with a copy enclosed in the box upon return). Products that are received by us that do not meet these conditions will be subject to additional charges and/or will not be processed as returns, and we will attempt to contact you to determine the disposition of these goods prior to their disposal.
- If your item is not working properly, please contact your Account Manager at 1.800.506.9607 for help in troubleshooting your application. In rare cases we do find that we have a defective item, and in that case you can return that item to C2G within 30 days for replacement or repair. If the item is a stock C2G item, we will repair or replace that item (at our discretion) immediately upon receipt and evaluation of the original product. We can also cross ship replacements products at a charge, and credit back the original transaction (upon receipt and evaluation of the original goods) in cases where the replacement item is needed immediately. If the defective item is from another manufacturer we will process the return for you in conjunction with their terms and conditions, providing credit, repair or replacement as their terms dictate. After 30 days from invoice all defective merchandise returns for products from other manufacturers must be handled directly with that manufacturer in accordance with their warranty.
- Any item that involves electronic components cannot be returned to us once opened except in cases of manufacturing defects. Products will be evaluated upon return to us (or to the manufacturer) to confirm defects prior to completing disposition of the RMA.
- For C2G stock products your right of return covers products that are opened or unopened, and items you are returning because of defects or simply because you changed your mind. We offer a lifetime guarantee for all of the products we manufacture to be free of defect in workmanship or components. Non-working products can be returned to us for repair or replacement at any time but we do not warrant them for mis-use, or for any consequential damages from their use. There is no right of return for any clearance items or parts identified as being "all sales final" except in cases of manufacturing defects.
- For products sold by C2G for other manufacturers, your return rights for non-defective items are subject to the rules of that manufacturer. If that manufacturer does not allow for returns on opened items, there is no provision for return to C2G (except in cases of manufacturer defects, which may be covered under a manufacturer's warranty). If that manufacturer allows returns but charges restocking fees, their fees will be applied in addition to our own in the handling of credit for your RMA. Most manufacturers only allow returns within 30 days, so you must process returns of products from other manufacturers back to us within 20 days of the original invoice date to allow us 10 days to process the return internally, and failure to do so will negate your right of return to us.
- Custom cables and other build-to-order products are non-cancelable and non-refundable. All custom cables are guaranteed to be free of defect in workmanship or components, but are not guaranteed for fit of purpose to the application. In cases where the customer has provided a configuration we do guarantee that the construction of the cable matches the customer-provided specification. Cables deemed defective will be replaced or repaired at our sole discretion. Custom cables that were ordered incorrectly may be returned for rework at a charge; please realize that the turnaround of these items is subject to our production schedule, and expedite fees may be necessary to provide immediate repair or replacement.
- C2G reserves the right to authorize product returns beyond 30 days from the invoice date in some cases. If the product is accepted after 30 days, credit will be issued toward FUTURE PURCHASES ONLY and SOME ADDITIONAL RESTOCKING CHARGES MAY BE APPLIED.
- Custom packaged or kitted items manufactured by C2G can be returned. However, these items are subject to a restocking fee up to 30%. Restocking fees for kitted or custom packaged items are assessed at the time of the return. Condition of items returned and related packaging will be strongly considered. Custom or sourced items included as part of a kit or that are custom packaged are subject to the Custom cable or sourced item terms and conditions.
- All credits from RMAs must be used within one calendar year of issue.